Cannaregio: the venetian residential sestiere and the
If you want to discover a different side of Venice, you'll fall in love with the sestiere (district) of Cannaregio, which is still an authentic residential area of Venice. Cannaregio is the place where since 1516 the Jewish Ghetto of Venice was established by the Serenissima Republic, and the venetian Ghetto was the first ever established in Europe, therefore in the world. . . but it was not established for the reasons you probably might think of.
Discover Cannaregio' s secrets area with me, far from the the beaten paths, let me unveil to you its amazing churches, local shops where our traditional venetian craftsmanship is still kept alive. . . Cannaeregio is where Tintoretto and Tiziano and many other painters used to live.
If you wish to visit the Jewish Museum and the Sinagogues just kindly contact me and I will organize the visit for you: the Jewish Community allows inside the jewish sites only those guides who have been trained and accredited by the Jewish Community and Rabbin.
Are you interested in this tour?
Itinerary of the tour
- Start in Campo San Bartolomeo
- Enjoy the view from an amazing panoramic terrace
- Stroll in Cannaregio, admire the tomb of a queen, and leave the beaten paths behind
- Walk along small canal discover the secret jewels of Cannaregio and breath the most authentic venetian breeze
- Church of Madonna dell'Orto
- The Jewish Ghetto, the first ever established, in 1516
- Optional visit of the 3 small Sinagogues
- End the tour in Campo San Geremia or in a typical caffe to taste some home made cookie
Meeting point and tour duration
Meeting Point Options:Suggested by Guide: We will meet in Campo San Bartolomeo at the monument.
Duration: 2 hours 30 min.
The tour of Cannaregio lasts 2,5 hours.
Transportation: Waliking Tour
- Guiding Services
- Public Transportation Tickets
- Other: My service as a local guide of Venice
- 2,5 hours of private tour
- Fully Customizable tour
First Time Visitor
NOT disabled Friendly
Activity Level: light
- Personal Expenses
- Food, Drinks, Snacks
Suggestion estimated local cash needed:
20 Euro - This is totally up to you, but I suggest to bring some cash in case you wish to enter a church or to get a souvenir or any other refreshment which is not included in the tour.
Take a look at the Gallery
Send a request to Romy!
If you are looking for a licensed Tour Guide Please fill the contact form to sent a request to Romy!