The visit of the sestiere of Castello
The visit of the sestiere of Castello will allow you to sneak a peak at a typical Venetian life away from the bustle of the touristy quarters of Venice. Castello is the biggest sestiere, or neighborhood, in Venice, stretching from the center near Rialto to the big eastern area of Sant'Elena, with its beautiful parks, just passed the Biennale with its Giardini Gardens.
The area is large and will give you the opportunity of discovering many campi, palazzi, churches and cloisters, monumental astonishing architecture, including one that hosted a very important confraternity, but you will also see how Venetians really live and enjoy everyday life in one of the most incredible places on earth.
Are you interested in this tour?
Itinerary of the tour
- Start in Sant'Elena
- visit of the area with its church and cloister
- Stroll towards San Pietro island
- Back to Riva dei Sette Martiri through via Garibaldi where we will stop for a little snack, a tramezzino with a glass of wine or a pastry to accompany a coffee
- Campo della Bragora and San Francesco della Vigna with it's astonishing cloisters
- Towards Barbaria de le Tole, bookshop AcquaAlta and S. S. Giovanni e Paolo
- Church dei Miracoli, Campo Santa Maria Formosa, San Lio
- Church of San Zaccaria
- Equestrian monument to Vittorio Emanuele
Meeting point and tour duration
Meeting Point Options: Suggested by Guide: We will meet in Sant'Elena at the Sant'Elena vaporetto (public water bus) stop.
Duration: 2 hours 30 min.
The tour of Castello lasts 2,5 hours.
Transportation: Waliking Tour
- Guiding Services
- Other: My service as a local guide of Venice
- 2,5 hours of private tour
- A typically Venetian snack, sweet or savory.
First Time Visitor
NOT disabled Friendly
Activity Level: medium
- Personal Expenses
- Food, Drinks, Snacks
Suggestion estimated local cash needed:
20 Euro - This is totally up to you, but I suggest to bring some cash in case you wish to enter a church or to get a souvenir or any other refreshment which is not included in the tour.
Take a look at the Gallery
Send a request to Romy!
If you are looking for a licensed Tour Guide Please fill the contact form to sent a request to Romy!