Discover the hidden Venice and live an "off the beaten path" experience!
If you want to discover a different side of Venice, you'll be enchanted by the sestiere (district) of Dorsoduro, an authentic residential area of Venice. Dorsoduro is separated from the sestiere of San Marco by the Grand Canal, but the two sestieri are connected by the famous Accademia bridge. On the Zattere you'll have a panoramic walk along the shore, but Dorsoduro has much more to reveal. . . enchanting churches, a Custome House, contemporary art galleries, a "squero" which is a gondola yard, monasteries, an ancient Brotherhood. . . and obviously the Accademia Fine Art Gallery and the Peggy Guggenheim Collection. Dorsoduro is the area where most of the departments of Venice Cà Foscari University are situated therefore Dorsoduro is a very lively place, there's plenty of coffee bar and local activities and is populated by a lot of students.
Are you interested in this tour?
Itinerary of the tour
- We'll start in the large Campo Santo Stefano
- We'll cross Accademia Bridge
- Through San Lio we'll get to the Church of Santa Maria della Salute, and visit its interior
- To the Punta della Dogana where you will be amazed by the view on St. Mark's Basin.
- Walk along the Canale della Giudecca and discover the Squero di San Trovaso, a gondola boatyard.
- Stroll in deep in the sestiere to discover its hidden gems
- Campo Santa Margherita and San Barnaba
- Back to Campo Santo Stefano.
Meeting point and tour duration
Meeting Point Options:Suggested by Guide: We will meet in Campo Santo Stefano at the monument.
Duration: 2 hours 30 min.
The tour of Dorsoduro lasts 2,5 hours.
Transportation: Waliking Tour
- Guiding Services
- Public Transportation Tickets
- Other: My service as a local guide of Venice
- 2,5 hours of private tour
- Fully Customizable tour
- Ferry gondola across the Grand Canal
First Time Visitor
NOT disabled Friendly
Activity Level: light
- Personal Expenses
- Food, Drinks, Snacks
Suggestion estimated local cash needed:
20 Euro - This is totally up to you, but I suggest to bring some cash in case you wish to enter a church or to get a souvenir or any other refreshment which is not included in the tour.
Take a look at the Gallery
Send a request to Romy!
If you are looking for a licensed Tour Guide Please fill the contact form to sent a request to Romy!