An Intro Tour To Venice & Private Gondola Ride
Welcome to Venice!
If you want to receive an introduction to Venice and want to discover the city later by yourself in total tranquillity, this tour is for you. I've carefully chosen the stops on this tour to give you a real insight into the city. You'll start in the district of San Marco, you'll cross the Rialto bridge, you'll walk through Cannaregio and Castello districts. I'll take you up on a terrace where you'll have a stunning view on the Grand Canal.
You'll discover quiet streets, pass peaceful canals and go beyond the areas that visitors usually see. Here is where my Venice is hiding its best domestic architecture and urban shape, that's what you're going to explore. As you wind through Venice's hidden alleyways, I will tell you of my city's past and present. At the end of the walk I'll take you to have an unforgettable gondola ride which will give you a different perspective of Venice, from its canals. . . and that's the correct perspective from which Venice was meant to be seen originally.
Are you interested in this tour?
Itinerary of the tour
- We will start at the most important junction point of Venice, Campo San Bartolomeo! Together, we will understand the significance of this place.
- Crossing the Rialto bridge we'll get to Rialto: a true place of everyday life in Venice. I'll tell you everything about the local life and why the Rialto bridge was built.
- Let's go up to an amazing terrace to have the most unbelievable view: with me you'll skip the line!
- Trade, merchants and the Patriciate. You'll walk in the "corte" where Marco Polo grew up
- Religion in Venice. . . a miraculous church will surprise you with its unexpected shape and beautiful façade.
- Monumental Campo SS. Giovanni e Paolo is one of the largest in Venice! A monumental church, a special statue and a gorgeous building with a surprising function!
- Enter a bookshop where bathtubs are used as bookshelves.
- Campo Santa Maria Formosa. Enjoy history in this characteristic, wide and beautiful campo.
- Gondola Ride. Hop on a private Gondola ride with a reservation ticket.
Meeting point and tour duration
Meeting Point Options:Monument/Building, Suggested by Guide: We will meet in Campo San Bartolomeo, at the statue of Carlo Goldoni, in the district of San Marco.
Duration: 3 hours
Transportation: Waliking Tour
- Guiding Services
- Other: reserved access to a panoramic terrace
- Gondola Ride:
The tour include a gondola ride of 30 minutes that you can take at any time within 6pm (because after 6pm the gondola ride is charged a night fare of €100).
- Customizable tour
First Time Visitor
NOT disabled Friendly
Activity Level: light
- Personal Expenses
- Food, Drinks, Snacks
Suggestion estimated local cash needed:
10 Euro - This is totally up to you, but I suggest to bring some cash in case you wish to enter a church or to get a souvenir or any other refreshment which is not included in the tour.
Take a look at the Gallery
Send a request to Romy!
If you are looking for a licensed Tour Guide Please fill the contact form to sent a request to Romy!